Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Unknown

As with the others I have an HP 14-ck0999na laptop running Windows 10 which fails to start after an HP BIOS update. After trying the Windows + B method, the laptop booted into a BIOS recovery screen, but then the same thing happened again after restart. Now, Windows + B does not even succeed in loading a recovery screen. The laptop LED lights do not activate except for the "on" light on the side of the device (and the AC power light when the adapter is plugged in).

The machine can be turned "on" and "off" as indicated by the light, but there is no screen activity (not even flickering), no beeps or noises, and no indication of any other activity. Other techniques such as Windows + V or Esc + F10 also do nothing.

I have tried to extract the bios drivers and the program has failed on two different windows 10 computers including an HP desktop.

The sp98252.exe program runs and begins extracting but fails to complete on both. I have also tried older versions of the bios setup and they also fail.

I also tried the 7zip method and all it did was extract a single Insydeflash file.

The PC still has 3 months warranty and the Mrs complained from day 1 it was very slow. Not at all what we expected for a brand new PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the following thread is very useful for your problem... checkout @IT_WinSec solution in that thread where he has posted link to USB recovery files in zip format and instructions....if you're still stuck please post again

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-bricked-after-BIOS-updat...

HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for your reply.

For some reason the System has removed me as a user so ive had to set up a new account.

As I stated I tried the windows and B Key method of power Up , and now windows and v.

I've tried hitting Esc key as it boots up to access Bios menu which didnt work.

I have tried creating the USB on 15 to 20 occasions which have all failed.

Any further assistance would be appreciated. Machine is Windows 10 but not sure if 32 or 64Bit.

I understand this shouldn't make a difference to a bios install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.