Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook

Purchased hp laptop from flipkart in oct 2021, while registration process it shows warranty from aug 2021.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

For whatever reason they do it, HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

So the more time the PC sits unsold, the less time remains on the warranty.

Watch the video below for how to get the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty | HP Support | HP - YouTube

Here is the link to the online warranty dispute form...

HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status | HP® Customer Support

Here is the link to contact HP customer service in India...

Contact HP | HP® India

HP Recommended

Sir, Thank you for response.

I didnt get warranty dispute link in both check warranty and in hp support tab sir

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The next step would be to contact HP support at the other link I posted, if the 'Dispute This' option did not show up during the warranty check.

You can also use the HP support assistant software to contact HP support as well.

There is a chat option.

Introduction to HP Support Assistant 9 | HP Support Assistant | @HPSupport - YouTube

HP Recommended

The same thing happened to me.

bought in October, warranty had started in July...but the Laptop itself HAD been serviced and then sold by Amazon...plus, it turned out it had a faulty graphics card, so I sent it back (still waiting for the refund)

However, I contacted HP before I sent it back and they restarted the warranty from October, so you will have no issue doing that as long as you have Proof of Purchase.

--
HB3263827
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.