Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DB1096NM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recently bought an HP notebook, HP 15-DB1096NM. Until few days after buying it and installing Windows 10 on it, it keeps freezing. When I turn it on, during three hours of use it would freeze at some moment, I don't know why. When it freezes, the picture freezes (including the mouse pointer), and the sound goes off...  The only thing I would be able to do is shut it down on with the power button.

Is there any solution to this? I tried updating all drivers with HP Support Assistant, and with Windows Update, but no success.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gariša

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is freezing randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer freezing when you are using any specific application or software?

Meanwhile, I recommend you perform a system test to make sure that all the hardware components are working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

If the hardware test pass, then perform a system reset follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Sorry I haven't replied more quickly. I didn't notice your reply right away.

I have tried to do the hardware diagnostics, but it found nothing wrong. I have also tried to do a full reinstallation of Windows 10, it did not help. I have also tried updating all drivers by HP Support Assistant, but the issue is still here.

These freezes happen randomly - within few hours of using the laptop, although I have noticed that I can provoke the freezing by BS Player. When watching a movie, and when I use the right and left arrow keys to skip forward or backward, the freeze is way more likely to happen.

I was reading on internet that issues like this can happen because of SSD. I have tried installing Intel drivers for my SSD, but still no help.

This is why I decided to return the laptop to the shop, and guys from the official HP service for my country are going to have a look at it. I hope to have my laptop replaced. I have tried a lot of that, and no success.

Thank your for trying to help me out. I will come back to you once I hear from the service about my laptop. I'm expecting they should notice what's wrong during this week, and come up with a solution.

HP Recommended

@gariša

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I am positive that the HP service center will take care of the issue.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.