10-17-2019 04:18 PM
My laptop turns off automatically while im using it. It stays on for about 2 to 3 hours, and then i hear the fan get louder and then it just goes off. When i try turning it on it comes on for a short while and goes off again.
Help please! How do i fix this?
10-20-2019 03:02 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Once its done update the system software using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also create a new power plan:
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Search for power, and then click Power Options.
Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.
To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.
NOTE: To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.
To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.
Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.
Click Save changes.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee