Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, this is Kerry and I am currently having an issue with my HP laptop with it being black screen when on. Basically I haven’t use my computer since last Thursday and kept it charged, there was a power outage on Saturday. I try to turn the computer on till Monday and it took a while to turn on. When I got to turn on, it would be as normal but the screen was black. I would have to use the flashlight on my phone to even see the things on my screen.

I have try to fix it by turning on and off multiple times the on/off button and restart and still black screen when on. My battery isn’t removable and Any suggestions or advice would help thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

With power outages, the real danger happens when the power RETURNS -- as that can include a power SURGE that can easily damage computers, as I presume you are NOT using a Surge Protector, right?

From your description, it sounds like the screen has been damaged, but it could also be the video Chipset.  To check this out, connect an external monitor.  If it displays OK, then your screen is the issue; otherwise, it is the video Chipset -- and that is not replaceable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.