Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir 

I have HP pavillion laptop with i5 processor. when i press power button key after displaying Hp logo Black screen will be appear with curser. i am trying to reset but it will be stoped at 3% troubleshooting also not possible. i dont have recovery drive what should i do please give me solution.

product no is L9N7EA#A2N

INTEL i5-5200U CPU

HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on strat tapping Esc key. From the menu that opens choose F2 System Diagnostics to test your hard drive.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Has this issue been solved?  all the replies and solution links I see entail the use of safe mode or recovery.  I have this same issue on a

HP Elitebook 8460p with Windows 7 professional

The laptop has been checked for hardware problems, startup recovery finds no problems, external monitor shows the same issue. 

It boots past the windows screen, then remains black.  The mouse is functional and visable but that is all.  No other functionality is available in normal OR safemode boot.  No task manager, no assesability menu. nothing. 

Anyone?

Again, I have tried all the solutions in this string.

HP Recommended

Anyone have a chance to review this?  The origional poster, and myself, have an issue that is a bit different than what is addressed in this thread.  There is not a blinking dos prompt cursor, but a functioning mouse on a black screen after the windows screen. 

All the hardware has passed diagnostics and windows repair finds no issues. 

Any ideas other than factory restore?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.