Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since like a week ago, when I put my HP on sleep mode, I come back to work and it's off!

My work collegues with same laptop and same problem... HELP?

HP ProBook 450 G5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It seems that what was causing this problem was the instalation of common vision blox FULL package.

Removed, installed common vision runtime, and the computer now sleeps fine.

I unninstalled a lot of HP utilities (that I can reintall later, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142/model/170471... )

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Please try running Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
  2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
  3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on Power.
  4. Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
  5. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.

In addition, go to Control Panel-> Power Options-> Change plan settings-> Change advanced power settings -> Sleep -> Hibernate after -> here put both "never".

If none of the above method works. You may be having difficulty with a Windows feature called hybrid shutdown, which performs a hibernate-like dump of important running processes and kernel components during each shutdown. You can just disable hybrid shutdown in the Power paln section.

HP Recommended

The toubleshooting has completed and fixed two issues:

- time before display goes to sleep is too long.

- time before computer goes to sleep is too long.

By reading it, I don't think this will solve the problem, because in your instructions step2 I'll put this values back to "too long" (or: never).

Let's see if with these two values into never it will fix. I'll give you feedback later and then will try the step 3 (hybrid shutdown). Thank you for your fast reply.

HP Recommended

Well, nothing seems to work.

I was trying to put both values to "never", but I only have the "sleep" option. I don't have the "hibernate" option and I don't have the "hybrid sleep" option too.

po.png

Yesterday (before post here in the community) I tried to fix this problem and I remember I saw the"hibernate option". I don't know if it's gone because I typed a command: powercfg /h off

I have a screenshot, from yesterday, which I've sent  to a friend who has the same problem, it's a proof that the setting was there:

hiber-there.png

Well, now I don't know what to do. I just put it to "sleep" and it turns off.

(I don't know the images are available. They doesn't show up on the post, but when I edit they are here! Anyway, they're just the advanced menu showing the sleep and without the hibernate today, and yesterday is an image with also the hibernate option).

HP Recommended

Still trying to fix.

Changed power settings from "HP (Recommended Settings)" to "Balanced", and now, when I put it on sleep mode, he doesn't turn off (I can see the power button light), but it doesn't wake up. I don't know what is worst.

EDIT: reinstalled display drivers and everything power setting (HP or balanced) doesn't turn it off, but doesn't wake up. The power button light is always on. To turn it on again, I must press the power button a few seconds (to force turn off fist).

HP Recommended

It seems that what was causing this problem was the instalation of common vision blox FULL package.

Removed, installed common vision runtime, and the computer now sleeps fine.

I unninstalled a lot of HP utilities (that I can reintall later, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142/model/170471... )

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The video below has some methods to solve your problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHA-pcY4wm8

Regards,

SofiaML

I work on behalf of HP.
This Tutorial Helps to Fix Windows 10/11 Shuts Down Instead Of Going to Sleep 00:00 Intro 00:07 Method 1 - Power Troubleshooting 00:41 Method 2 - Choose What The Power Buttons Does 01:21 Method 3 - Change Power Plan Settings 01:51 Closing #ShutsDownInsteadOfGoingtoSleep #Windows11 Thanks Friends ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.