Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn1000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My laptop was installing Windows 11 when the installation got intteruped when my laptop turned off. Since then is has been stuck in a boot loop. 

The only error my laptop has shown is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG when I tried to restart it.

I have tried to use HP Cloud Recovery but this keeps coming up with a Startnet issue when I try to run it from the USB.

Any idea what I should try next?

Thanks

20220512_134547.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the cloud recovery tool isn't working, the only suggestion I can offer would be to reinstall W10 for free by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn1000na Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

20220518_163445.jpg

When trying to install Windows 10 from a USB this error appears

HP Recommended

Tried using command prompt but this doesn't seem to be working either. 

20220518_164357.jpg

HP Recommended

You have to boot from the installation media and select 'custom install' not upgrade.

HP Recommended

When I go into custom install it is saying no drivers cam be found.

20220518_181201.jpg

20220518_181403.jpg

  

HP Recommended

See if this works...

I have zipped up and attached the storage controller drivers your notebook needs for Windows to 'see' the drive, below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Copy the folder to a USB flash drive.

Click on the Load Driver option you see on your second screen shot.

Browse to the driver folder you unzipped that has the storage controller drivers.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Hopefully Windows will find the drive and install.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. Of the two that are compatible only one is installing and even after installing the list of drivers is still empty. I'm assuming I need to get the updated version of the first one.

20220518_193232.jpg

20220518_193243.jpg

20220518_193301.jpg

   

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is an updated driver, but I think something else is wrong.

Did you run the hard drive test (F2) in the menu of options after you press the ESC key?

You may want to do that to rule out the possibility that the hard drive failed.

I zipped up and attached the latest version of the storage controller drivers for your notebook's chipset.

HP Recommended

It is still not loading the driver. Running the short hard drive test hasn't brought up any issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.