Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G62
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop turns on and fans run but the screen doesn’t turn on. It’s black. The caps lock blinks white and the internet key is solid orange. I’ve done hard restart, bios reboot, and cios reboot to reboot the bios but none of that worked. I did the reboots multiple times and no screens ever popped up. I’d say w.e and forget it but it has everything on it and there’s no way I can get my stuff off of it because the screen won’t come on. An external monitor doesn’t work either. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kgotkicks, Welcome to HP Support Community!

It's important to know the sequence of the blinking caps lock, you can either reply with the details of the same or simply go through this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674 and find the info on your own.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It blinks about every 2 seconds.

HP Recommended

A blinking "Caps Lock" key typically means that there is a power-related issue, such as an error with your power supply, or that your computer cannot properly ventilate itself.

I recommend you to perform the following steps and see if it works:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

A blinking caps lock light once every few seconds could also be an internal failure, such as CPU. That way, you may need available service options to fix your laptop.

I hope it will be done with less effort. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.