Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello

i have the same notebook DV6700 entertainment....FF751EA#ABU

have windows 10 32 bit running ok....does the same caveat apply to windows 10 as 7 re bios update ?

and
BIOS Type:Phoenix
BIOS Date:March 22nd, 2011
BIOS ID:F.34
BIOS OEM:F.34
Chipset:Athlon 1100 rev 0
SuperIO:Unknown
Make/Model:Quanta HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC

Have F34 also, are there any newer updates, also can't find driver downloads for this notebook under vista..

thanks

if if I can and do decide to reflash the bios, is there an emergency USB boot I can make to reflash the orig bios in case it fails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well it must, because I am using a PC with W10 and IE 11 and see a full set of Vista drivers for your notebook.

There are too many BIOS updates for me to post all the fixes and enhancements, so if you really need that info, then you will have to find a PC with Windows and IE 11.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, @Reddwarf4ever :

Yes, I would imagine if the BIOS update bricks the notebook on W7, the same would apply to W10 as well.

You already have the latest BIOS installed which is F.34, so you don't have to be concerned.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6800-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/...

HP Recommended

There is no warning on the HP website under my  Netbook.....guess it's just luck if you find out....

but why is it that HP no longer hosts Vista drivers for my NB ?

nvidea still releases updates for the onboard graphic chip.  So much easier on the dell support site.

do you have the bios history for this NB with chamgelog....

thanks

also is it it possible to make a bios recovery disk with my F34 bios, which I finally managed to get through a helpful member of another forum...

HP Recommended

Hi:

You are right that there is no warning. 

It is just bad luck if you run the BIOS using an unsupported operating system.

All HP writes is that what operating system the BIOS update is supported for, not what it is not supported for, nor the consequences if someone does try to update the BIOS running W7, for example.

Your notebook support page has a full set of Vista drivers.  I posted the link above.

If you click on the F34 BIOS update, there is a Previous Version button to click on  which outlines all of the fixes and enhancements the previous BIOS updates provided.  You click on the Details link on the right side of the window.

Since I do not work for, or represent HP, I would not know why they didn't release more recent Vista drivers than the ones listed on the support page.

Unfortunately, wouldn't know what you can do regarding making a BIOS recovery disk. 

I've never made one before.

HP Recommended

IMG_0800.PNGI vowed the driver link on my iPad to see what was available, that should make no difference to being to view them vs looking at the link on a pc or laptop....

i dont know know if the HP website is daft enough to think I want the DV6700 drivers for the iPad I am viewing on....

shouldnt make a difference what what platform I use to view availabilty...

HP Recommended

Well it must, because I am using a PC with W10 and IE 11 and see a full set of Vista drivers for your notebook.

There are too many BIOS updates for me to post all the fixes and enhancements, so if you really need that info, then you will have to find a PC with Windows and IE 11.

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Thanks

as i have the latest bios, HP advised me elsewhere.....then I will,

leave well lone, but I have HDD imaging scheduled , but can't protect against a bios error, will have to research if I can find a recovery option for the bios from a disk or USB.

think HP should allow the drivers to be viewed from mobile devices and tablets

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.