Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 14 (2021)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Many HP Official support pages, community discussions and other sources recommend to limit battery charging to around 80%, by enabling Battery Care or Battery Health Management tools in the laptop's BIOS menu.

Before I recently bought my ENVY 14 (2021) laptop, I made sure that HP, like all other major brands, has this important feature in its products.

However, when I go to my BIOS menu (which is updated to the most recent version, 1st Sep 2021), I don't see any of these features. I can only see "Adaptive Battery Optimization", which is something else and different. 

How can I limit my battery to charge to 80% and not above that? 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TLMas wrote:

... I can only see "Adaptive Battery Optimization",...

@TLMas 

That is the function you need. Please use the following guide

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06310986

and please use the following guide to keep battery healthy

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01297640

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien,

Thank you for the reply! The thing is, this is not what I'm looking for.

I leave my computer plugged for long times, and I want it to stay charging until 80%, and not topping out for 100%.

I have carefully read the instructions you sent in the first link, and checked if protective measures have been activated, and the UEFI Diagnostic Test showed that the Optimization is Enabled (of course, I enabled it in BIOS), but NOT activated.

I understand it "activates" when "battery temperature, battery charging status, or usage patterns", but what I want is to activate it, no matter what status, temperature etc.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@TLMas 

Sorry, I did not say because probably you already know: Normal consumers machines do not have this option in BIOS, this option/function is available on nearly all Business machines such as Probook, Elitebook ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.