Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I want to change the OS of my HP stream 7. I want to install android or linux. Which one do you recommend and how do I install it? Is there an updated installation guide? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Apart from a few Workstations that come with Linux distro preloaded, HP provides no support for Linux.

I mention this because with Windows, we can provide links to videos and HP Documents. We can provide links to HP diagnostic apps you can download and run on your PC. We can provide links to HP drivers and to HP BIOS updates, which you can also download and run on your PC. And, nearly everything useful can be done using an application or utility that HP will provide you for free.

For the general population of HP customers trying to use or install Linux, we have NONE of that. No diagnostics. No videos. No downloadable utilities or tools. And, once you get into Linux, you discover that you have to become VERY familiar with the command line to do anything complicated. We have no command line scripts or examples to provide you.

So when I recommend going to the support forum for your Linux distro, it is because THERE is where you will get the amount and kind of support you need.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.