Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-d028la
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Liquid spill on the pc, at the same moment I unplugged it from the electricity and it was already without the battery installed, I turned it over, the next day I turned it on and it turns out that the keys were repeated. I sent it to a technician who diagnosed the keyboard change. As none was found, I contacted the HP store which they claimed to have. I continued using the equipment for a month I never had a fault, when I arrived at the company it continued to work, after 48 hours it no longer works and they tell me that the mother board has to be changed. According to them the liquid was still moving and the pc was still wet.

As it is impossible to communicate with the company, due to the terrible attention and the inadequate form of communication, I resort here. Could that have happened?
That a device remains wet for a month, even after it has been opened, and it has continued to be used?

Even being diagnosed with a Motherboard change and then told that two or three cleanings can be done?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dianacb121 

When you spill liquid onto a laptop, it seeps into the case and runs onto the motherboard. The best thing to do at that point is to turn it off for several days -- something you did NOT do.  Then, it needs to be disassembled and cleaned to ensure that no residue remains on the motherboard.  I read nothing about any such cleaning.

You damaged the laptop yourself by spilling liquid on it -- complaining now about problems will accomplish nothing.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.