Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion15-cd040wm that i factory reset but then it wouldn't load past the HP logo so following help online i tried system recovery and it says restoration incomplete saying cto panic , following more guides it said to reinstall windows 10 using a usb flash drive but that hasn't worked

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Don't know how the factory reset got the reputation of a miracle cure -- but so many people do this, and for the wrong reason.  If your PC is performing slowly, which is why most folks do this, that is nearly always due to a failing drive -- and forcing a reset in those conditions guarantees your computer will be trashed.

This nearly always means the primary drive is failing, will need to be replaced, and Windows reinstalled on the PC.

See the following HP Guide for more information:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/ish_3053911-2842957-16

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.