Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15-dw3000 (1A3Y0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I managed to lock out myself from the Win11 system, and cannot log in into it. So, I try to re-install Win11 on the laptop. A Win11 USB drive was made, and installation is starting. However, the USB drive does not find the driver for the SSD drive. The drive is a SK hynix BC711 HFM001TD3JX013N drive. Where could the driver get found?

Thanks for your support!

Istvan Fay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works:

If W11 can't find any drives while installing, I zipped up and attached the Intel storage controller drivers below so Windows can find the drive.

Copy all of the files in both folders in the attached file to a USB flash drive.

Have the flash drive and your Windows installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers Windows should find the drive and install.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works:

If W11 can't find any drives while installing, I zipped up and attached the Intel storage controller drivers below so Windows can find the drive.

Copy all of the files in both folders in the attached file to a USB flash drive.

Have the flash drive and your Windows installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers Windows should find the drive and install.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

thank you very much for your very fast response! It has (nearly) solved my problem:

• the Win11 USB drive has immediately seen the SSD drive and could re-install Win11
  • one thing with the new installation: it does not have a cursor 😱 there is no arrow there on the screen, and following cannot get moved by the mouse. It is something I have not seen before. Do you have any ideas for it? Should I re-install Win11?

Thanks again for your support! Best regards,

Istvan

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Istvan.

I have never come across that problem before, but I did find this video which should help you navigate around without a cursor.

How to fix Cursor not showing in Windows 11 - YouTube

Here is the direct link to the touchpad/mouse driver from your notebook's support page.

Hopefully, you can get that link to download using the keyboard commands in the video and install the driver.

ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp149001-149500/sp149266.exe 

If that doesn't work, did your notebook come with Windows installed from HP?

If so, it should be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool.

The HP image will have all of the drivers that came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive for this.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Support

You can download the software from the Microsoft Store:

HP Cloud Recovery Tool - Microsoft Apps

If you want to use the tool on another PC, you will have to enter your notebook's product number in the tool's search window to proceed to create the recovery media.

Use the product number that is shown on the System SKU line when you run the Windows system information app.

You need the whole number including the # sign and the 3 characters to the right of it.

I hope you can get it fixed.

Cheers,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

thank you very much, my Windows installation got back to work, the cursor has suddenly re-appeared and seems to work.

Thanks for your spport'

Best regards,

Istvan

HP Recommended

Anytime, Istvan.

Glad to have been of assistance and that is great news that the cursor reappeared, and all is well.

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.