Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy dv6t 7200
Linux

I want to upgrade the BIOS of my laptop to the latest possible version. I'm still on version F.2E. The problem is I cannot find the download page of the latest BIOS upgrade file. (1) Can someone please direct me to the latest download page? I'm not sure if the page I linked earlier leads to the correct file since its last update was on 2016. (2) Also, can someone tell me how to do the upgrade on Linux? (Ubuntu/Debian distributions)

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @mal0n3m 

Your notebook has the latest BIOS revision installed.  There aren't any newer updates available.

You can find it under the W8 drivers on your notebook's support page.

HP ENVY dv6t-7200 CTO Quad Edition Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

The BIOS updates for your notebook can only be run in Windows.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Open HP Support Assistant > Updates and tune-ups > Check for updates
Follow the on-screen instructions until you're at the download area
Check the most recent BIOS update and compare it to the current BIOS version 
Download the update (assuming there is one)
Run the .exe file you downloaded and follow your nose.

HP Recommended

Hi, @mal0n3m 

Your notebook has the latest BIOS revision installed.  There aren't any newer updates available.

You can find it under the W8 drivers on your notebook's support page.

HP ENVY dv6t-7200 CTO Quad Edition Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

The BIOS updates for your notebook can only be run in Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.