Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PLEASE I NEED SERIOUS HELP BECAUSE AFTER MY LAPTOP FELL DOWN IT HAS BEEN HAVING THIS ERROR AND I AM STUDENT SO ALL MY WORK IS INSIDE PLEASE WHO CAN HELP ME URGENTLY

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Typically after a fall and those errors, the hard drive has failed.  Least bad news is one of the connections on the drive came loose.  If that model has a SSD drive, then probably a connection came loose.  It will require opening the case and checking those connections.  And if none are loose or disconnected, then the drive failed.

Data recovery is not looking good, either.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

so if the hard Drive has failed it means that my data IS LOST OR WHAT?????????? AND WHICH ONE IS THE  HIGHEST POSSIBILITY PLEASE BECAUSE I HAVE ASSIGNMENTS DUE NEXT THAT I HAVE WORKED VERY VERY HARD FOR

HP Recommended

please what is an ssd drive

HP Recommended

SSD is a solid state drive - no moving parts, so less susceptible to failure due to fall.  Without the model number, it is not possible to tell if that model has a SSD.  If your laptop has a normal hard drive and the drive failed because of the fall, then data recovery is typically not possible without using a recovery service, and then outlook is not good.  That is why data backup should be a common practice.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

@TheOldMan is correct that data recovery is unlikely with a physically damaged drive, as that generally caused something know  as a Head Crash and when that happens, the drive simply does not work anymore.

If you want to attempt data recovery, you can consider doing the following:

1) Remove the hard drive from the old PC
2) Purchase a USB-to-Hard Driver adapter kit (like the one illustrated below)

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

3) Connect the old drive to a working PC using that adapter
4) Try to retrieve the files and folders you want to save from the old drive and copy them to the new PC.

If this does not work, then you need to do the following:
1) Download and install this utility on a working PC http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/recover_data_in_3_steps_with_minitool_power_data_recovery_free_...
2) Run the data recovery utility to see what can be retrieved from the old drive.

If that tool does not find what you need, an alternative is Recuva http://www.piriform.com/recuva

And, if that does not work well, the best tool out there is this one, but only the trial version is free http://www.file-recovery.com/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.