Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n010sr
Linux

Greetings,

HP Pavilion 15-n010sr is my model, came with 8gb ram, one of it has burn ,left 4gb ram i`m decided to uprade it,but not sure how much Ram can i added to,coz in the manual writen max can upgrade until 12gb ram with selected Model. so i`m sure sure that is it possible for me to upgrade until 12ram.

Originally came by kingston Ram, is it okay if i mix it with other brand,but still same is ddr3l 1600mhz ,

single or dual channel support should i use for the 8gb ram that i`m gonna use? if possible thanks for helping me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Cuteyargon, Yes the max upgrade is 12GB and you can use any RAM make as long as it is a DDR3 and the speeds(Mhz) can also vary but the pc will run at the lower RAM's Mhz 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Cuteyargon, Yes the max upgrade is 12GB and you can use any RAM make as long as it is a DDR3 and the speeds(Mhz) can also vary but the pc will run at the lower RAM's Mhz 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.
HP Recommended

THank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.