Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15t-bs000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ran UEFI diagnostics because of a perpetual Blue screen of death error I keep getting with my Laptop. The code I got is as follows:

Q4NEMF-92NAJW-XD7W2J-406G03

Can anyone help me decipher this code so I know what I am up against?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, a bad memory chip could definitely be a cause of BSOD's.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Bsughrue40 

Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char disk failure id indicates the HDD is failing and it needs to be replaced.. Is it still under warranty ? If NOT, you have to replace yourself then rebuild your machine.

For (original) Windows 10. Please use Cloud Recovery tool:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06162205

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So I did the UEFI HDD check and it passed. It was the Memory Test  that did not pass.  So because I ran the UEFI Memory test that somehow means the HDD is faulty? I’m confused. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Bsughrue40 

24 character failure ID codes can indicate any number of various hardware issues, not just a failing hard drive.

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

ailure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
Q4NEMF-92NAJW-XD7W2J-406G03OKXXXXXXXXXX4/4/21200MemoryCache Module, Memory, Memory BoardMemory Module Failure (no DIMM id)

In your notebook's particular situation, one of the memory modules has failed and needs to be replaced.

There are no configuration details for your notebook so if it came with one memory module, you will need to replace it with a new one.

If it came with two memory modules, you will need to replace the defective one.

If there are two memory modules, you can remove one and run the notebook with one installed.

If you still get the failure code, remove that memory module and replace it with the first one you removed and the notebook should work until you get a replacement memory module.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory module for your PC.

Amazon.com: Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFS824A...

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257.pdf

HP Recommended

Would this type of error produce a “Blue Screen” Error that kept restarting my machine?

HP Recommended

Yes, a bad memory chip could definitely be a cause of BSOD's.

HP Recommended

I appreciate this feedback. I will update the thread in a couple of days. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.