Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you DavidSMP,

What helped me out was changing the power settings from Balanced to High Performance on my compuer. Although the high Disk usage was still present, it didn't affect the performance as much and would go away after a while (maybe after 10 min. while it would take hours on "balanced"). Finally, I had to do a computer reset because of unrelated issues and I'm not having the problem anymore. I keep my laptop working at High Performance settings now. 

David

HP Recommended

Hi @dfherrero,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The right command should be :  net.exe stop diagtrack

Perhaps you should run cmd as  administrator

To find diagtrack in your services you should check:  "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"

HP Recommended

Hi, Solved this error with bsimple and also very easy guide, Just click here and follow totorial. Thanks

HP Recommended

That worked!

Thank you so much for posting this.

Nothing else worked. (GP doesn't run and regedit doesn't have that key......)

HP Recommended

I tried over a dozen different methods and mekdndf's was the only one that worked for me. Thank you.

Telemetry is off and disk is behaving at normal levels.

HP Recommended

this helped me alot 🙂 thank you

HP Recommended

nice questio

HP Recommended

The link provided by mekdnf was no longer working so I checked for the website and the main issue seems to be that .com should now be .org.  The following link contains the tutorial: https://www.howtoseeks.org/microsoft-compatibility-telemetry/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.