Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 17T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 with my laptop purchase and upon trying to activate it, it only comes up with the option to purchase, do the trial, or enter a key code.  I have reason to believe that my product was never installed on my device despite the fact that I purchased it.  I've call customer service multiple times and have been on hold for several hours and never got any help.  I did the customer service chat and spent 1 hr. in trying to get help, but the person was not helpful and took about 3-5 min. to respond to each and every line of conversation.  I either want a refund of my purchase of office or a direct solution.  Please help hp, this is beyond frustrating!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@AmethystRST

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. Help please !

HP Recommended

@toms408

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
  • Are you getting error message or code while activating the Microsoft office 2019?
  • Do you have a product key?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. We have 2ea brand new17z-ca000 laptops that I'm setting up.

The HP support assistant on the first laptop says the product number is 3JQ28AV (I haven't started on the second one yet...I want to resolve this issue first).  However, the product number on the invoice for the 2 laptops is 3QB09AV.  We have W10 Home 64 installed one each system.

I'm not getting an error message when trying to activate Office 2019 Pro; rather, I'm getting a link to set up the trial of Office 365.  I don't have a product key for either of the 2 laptops.

Many thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

I finally got an email with the key code and now it seems to be fine.  It just took an arm and leg to get to this point.

HP Recommended

Thanks AmethystRST - So there's hope!  Since we've got two computers needing this, I'll need two key codes, I expect.  If it's not too much to ask, how long did it take to get the key code?  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I believe a month and a half.

HP Recommended

Yikes!  I'll keep this thread updated.  Hopefully (for me) you were a trailblazer to help them streamline this (apparently) repetitive problem.

HP Recommended

Alrighty, the issue is resolved.  Apparently, one must wait one week from initially starting a new laptop to allow Office 2019 Professional to be activated.  For each of the two laptops, once the one week mark arrived, starting Office gave a prompt to install/activate the purchased Office 2019 Professional.

My suggestion to HP is to provide some information to the purchaser that this will be the case; it might cut down on some of these posts!  🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.