Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Word
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all.

Here's my problem:

I need help with Microsoft Word  file. It's giving me an error when I open my .doc format file: "Error loading of document".  Any information or advice how to repair .doc file?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This issue may be started happening after you applied following security update. You may be trying to open a file has the “.doc” file name extension, but the content is a plain text file or another kind of file that is not a Microsoft Word binary file. Also you can upload your file here https://onlinefile.repair/en/word.html 

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can anybody helpme?

HP Recommended

Greetings @Laura62,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are unable to open a doc file. Happy to help. 

Are you able to open the file on any other computer?

Which version of Microsoft Office are you using?

Could share the model you HP computer you are using?

Recommend you to right-click on the doc file and open it with Chrome. 

If the file opens, you would need to reinstall Microsoft Office. Contact Microsoft for assistance. 

If the file does not open, then the file is corrupted.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This issue may be started happening after you applied following security update. You may be trying to open a file has the “.doc” file name extension, but the content is a plain text file or another kind of file that is not a Microsoft Word binary file. Also you can upload your file here https://onlinefile.repair/en/word.html 

Regards

HP Recommended

This service is really good. Thanks a lot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.