Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion -cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

i tried many software to move my OS to my SSD but i couldn't , any solutions 

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi     what software have you tried? what make are your hard drives? , some of the hard drive manufacturers like Western digital have free utilities to clone your hard drive to another drive. Unfortunately the Western digital clone software which i think is acronis only works if one of the hard drives is western digital,

HP Recommended

I tried with EaseUS but the screen was blurry and i couldn't see anything , then i used Aomei and i got the error that i have to free some space but i already have  250gb free space of SSD.

HP Recommended

i assume the SSD is formatted with NT ,  i ran into the same issue about 3 months ago it turned out to be the USB to SATA cable i was using. the one i was using was from 5 or more years ago. try this first i think its called minitool drive copy. make sure to get it from their website and not a 3rd party web site.

HP Recommended

I used minitool iso again and it worked ^^  but now i have 2 operating systems so should i format the system partition on the HDD or what should i do next ? 

HP Recommended

when you say you have two OS's  you mean....?  one on the old hard drive and one on the SSD?   

HP Recommended

Yea , if i format the system partition on the HDD and changed boot setting to the SSD nothing will happen .. right ? And i'd to take a copy of recovery partition too which program u recommend m

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.