Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Inch AU 623-TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team i am using HP AU-623TX laptop which contains OEM windows -10(Pre-installed activation-key ) and 1 TB HDD.  As of now my computer has become very slow in terms of response time and also the BIOS time is 19.6 sec. I have tried formatting the computer multiple times using the recovery pen drive which i had created earlier. Now i am thinking of buying a new SSD 1TB Samsung 870 EVO as my laptop doesn't have M2 port inside. Can you suggest me how can i install a fresh copy of windows-10 using the same recovery windows-10 usb drive so that it doesn't get break the windows -10 activation of my OEM window which is currently installed in my HDD. I will be using only one SSD in my laptop (by replacing with HDD) moving on and  the currently installed HDD as an external drive for  my personal use. Also please suggest any other 1TB SSD which will be compatible with my laptop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jagpreet10 

There are few ways but with me, cloning is the best option.

Clone storage

You can get free version of the product

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Bahin for your quick response. The link which you have shared contains M2./NVME which is incompatible with my laptop version .Please suggest any other way and also which SSD drive will suit my laptop (HP AU623-tx)????  

Also cloning means i should clone the currently installed OS to new SSD and then install a fresh windows-10 OEM using the same recovery drive?  Will it break the activation key or not on my new SSD?

HP Recommended

@Jagpreet10 

The procedure is very close to the same, doesn't matter M.2 SSD or 2.5" SSD. Your machine can use M.2 SATA. Cloning will bring everything from old HDD to new SSD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

One last question .Let say in future i want to install a fresh copy of windows 10 OEM on my SSD(Where i have cloned the OS) .I will use the same USB recovery drive to install windows on SSD. Will this break the window-activation meaning do i have to put any window key to install the same?? 

I am asking this because i have heard somewhere that Microsoft servers remembers the key or HDD code where we have installed the windows. If i am installing the fresh windows on new SSD .Will it effect the activation or it will automatically activate the windows on new SSD?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.