Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@nutmeg82 Thanks for confirming, that said, the power option missing or not working error could also be caused by corrupt or missing system files. To rule out that possibility, you could run the SFC command (System File Checker) to repair the problematic system files and retrieve the power options. Below is how:

1. Press Win + X to select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type sfc /scannow and then hit Enter. (Make sure to put a space between “sfc” and the slash.)

3. Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes after the sfc /scannow command completes and then hit Enter.

4. Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.

Windows-10-power-options-missing.png

5. Reboot your computer and check if that works.

Keep me posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.