Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I did a factory restore on my notebook PC.  I did not record the MS Office product key because I thought it was pre-installed.  I purchased the computer in 2010 and cannot find the original CD's/manuals.  Is there a way that I can find out what the product key is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Microsoft Office installed on this notebook is trial version, you can check this information from the below link. The full version of office should have been installed by store, so you have to get in touch with them as HP ships this unit with trial version of Office.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4150017/model/4...

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you mention the complete product and model number of the unit to provide if the unit was shipped with full version of MS office or not ?

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC/WQ615UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Microsoft Office installed on this notebook is trial version, you can check this information from the below link. The full version of office should have been installed by store, so you have to get in touch with them as HP ships this unit with trial version of Office.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4150017/model/4...

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just receive new HP from my boss and I have problem to activate Microsoft Office which asking the product key

to activate. And also the packing box also they already throw out, due to limited space in his bag.

Please help me to locate and activate the Microsoft Office, my daily job require Excel, Outlook, Word and MS Project.

Product Name : HP ProBook 440 G3

Product Number : T0P68PT#UUF

Serial Number : 5CD61937HW

Operating System : Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1

Microsoft Office  -  Microsoft  -  15.0.4693.1005

Your prompt action is highly apperciated.

Thank You

MS Office HP ProBook 440.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the below link, where it shows that this unit is not shipped with full version of Microsoft Office. You can use the Try option which is a trial version and if you need full version, then you have to purchase one.

http://www8.hp.com/my/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=7834551#!tab=specs

Regards

Mahemac

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.