Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY dv6-7373ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

after clean installing Windows 10, Build 10586.0, there are two unknown devices in the device manager with the following details:

1. ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&0
  2. ACPI\HPQ6001\2&DABA3FF&0

I am not sure whether these pronlems have something to do wirh the special HP-functions 'Hard Drive Protection' and 'Wireless Button' which are not supported by Windows 10 so far. There are no Windows 10-entries on the HP Support site for the notebook model 'ENVY dv6-7373ca', and HP Auto Detect can't find anythig either.

Can anybody help?

Regards

kar1n

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes they do.

There is a W10 driver for the wireless button, and you can use the W8.1 driver for the 3D driveguard.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_150986_1&swEnvOid=419...

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_125640_1

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info.

I have downloaded sp71707.exe ( HP Wireless Button) and sp64144.exe (HP DriveGuard) to be used for the next Build of Windows 10 requiring a clean installation.

Meanwhile I will keep on trying the drivers sp58720.exe (HP Wireless Button) and sp61037.exe (HP 3D DriveGuard) which a friend picked up here fron this forum and which seem to work so far with ENVY dv6-7373ca because both unknown device-entries disappeared from the W10-device manager after installation.

And the F12-button now lights up white after OS start and changes colors to orange and back to white with each pressing. But I am not sure (1) how to verify, without dropping this computer, whether the HP 3D DriveGuard is properly working and parks the heads of the built-in hdd Hitachi 7K1000 and (2) if this hdd model is being supported by the HP security function after all.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

AFAIK, that is the only way you can test it, and needless to say, I don't recommend drop testing or bumping it to find out.

HP Recommended

I guess I should push the 'Accept as Solution' option because W10 seems to be happy now.

HP Recommended

Have you the driver for 32bit vertion?

HP Recommended

Hi, @migou_vs :

That driver is for either...

HP Recommended
  1. Hi ok so i can't install it. I have a error in installation. but My DV6 is a 6067 and when I use the "fn f12" the color led on f12 change but the wifi stay activate and the bluetooth is out of order it whase good to found about this driver or it another mather?
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W10, and none of the wireless cards with bluetooth your model has, will work on W10.  They are too old of a bluetooth hardware version.

All I can tell you is that those drivers work for both 32 and 64 bit operating systems.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul:

I appreciate your suggestions. But, I'm here to help, otherwise, for future solution seekers.

I've had the same problem as the originial poster:

"After clean installing Windows 10, Build 10586.0, there are two unknown devices in the device manager with the following details: ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&0"

I have a Pavillion m7, which the F12 key couldn't turn on access for Wi-Fi. I did try the drivers (and links) as posted, including alternatives below relating to the same issue. I had no luck with any of these drivers with "error" reports. So, I finally, after various routes, turned on my Chrome browser with whatever link, then let the browser troubleshoot the problem. It came up with: DHCP is not enabled for "Wi-Fi"

From that "pop-up" window, it asked to run futher troubleshooting solutions, and did  FIX the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.