02-12-2019 11:17 AM - last edited on 02-12-2019 11:21 AM by kevin-t
My mouse cursor is disappeared from the screen so what can I do sir please tell me
02-13-2019 02:31 AM
Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.
The mouse cursor is an essential part of all Windows systems ever and it's hard for it to disappear.
1. Try hard restart/hard reset.
Press the power on-button on your PC and hold it for about 5-10 seconds until your computer powers off completely.
Remove and unplug any external periferals and accessories.
Press once the power-on button to turn on the PC and wait if it will start now. Wait...
If it still fails to load properly, go ahead with the next steps
2. Perform some basic hardware checks to rule out hardware problem
- Please, shutdown the computer using the power button (pressed and hold for a few seconds until PC powers off)
- Power the computer back on.
As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) before any logo appears. This should open a HP Startup Menu
- Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform Component test and test your mouse/pointing device/touchpad.
Let me know the test results. If the tests pass without issues, continue. If not, please, let me know
3. Repeat steps 1-2 above but when HP Startup menu opens, please choose F11 for System Recovery options.
The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.
Please, perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Please, restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is more info:
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Provide your feedback/reply.
**** Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional