Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cp0011dx

I recently had to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 using the integrated services. After the install was complete, this laptop seems to not have any idea how to shut off, sleep, wake up from sleep, go into tablet mode, and several other little issues. I have updated all drivers from the HP website but have had no change. Updated BIOS, deleted and reinstalled graphics drivers (tried multiple versions) and nothing seems to make any difference. I have also tried every configuration in the power and sleep settings.   

Any help would be very appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, so I have resolved the two power issues. 

• Will not wake from sleep mode
  • Does not power down correctly

Step 1: Download a copy of your OS using the like provided above by Paul_Tikkanen. 

Step 2: Enter the BIOS of your faulty laptop.

Step 3: Under Boot Options, disable secure boot and enable legacy boot. 

Step 4: Follow instructions provided in like where you downloaded the OS. 

Step 5: When asked where you would like to boot from, choose the non UEFI usb option.

Step 6: Once setup is complete, reformat the usb used for the new OS as FAT32.

Step 7: Locate your BIOS drivers found on the HP drivers page. 

Step 8: Using the installer, write BIOS recovery software onto flash drive. Instructions found here 

Step 9: Using these instructions, install BIOS recovery software.   

I am not sure how necessary all of these steps are, but it is exactly what I needed to do to resolve my issue. Thanks Paul for pointing me in the right direction. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to make a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

If you don't want to do that, or you have tried the cloud recovery tool and it didn't work, then I recommend you install the AMD Ryzen chipset drivers from the link below and restart the PC.

AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD

HP Recommended

Just finished with the cloud recovery tool and no change. Do I have to delete/uninstall anything before installing the AMD Ryzen chipset drivers you linked?

HP Recommended

I'm very surprised the cloud recovery tool didn't fix the problem.

You can install the AMD chipset driver as your notebook is now.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I am too. I spent the better part of the day installing updates after testing for progress and nothing. Tried the chipset and didn't help at all either. 

These are really the only issues I really need resolved 

• Won't totally shut off when using normal Windows power down method
  • Won't wake up from sleep
  • Screen does not rotate in tablet mode
HP Recommended

Sorry that the chipset driver didn't help.

Since neither of those suggestions I had worked for you, unfortunately I don't have any other ideas you can try.

HP Recommended

When selecting the USB boot for recovery, does it matter if I choose UEFI USB or just USB boot? Also I noticed when attempting this again that it is missing this step. 

beeguy26_0-1635092466430.png

HP Recommended

Ok, so I have resolved the two power issues. 

• Will not wake from sleep mode
  • Does not power down correctly

Step 1: Download a copy of your OS using the like provided above by Paul_Tikkanen. 

Step 2: Enter the BIOS of your faulty laptop.

Step 3: Under Boot Options, disable secure boot and enable legacy boot. 

Step 4: Follow instructions provided in like where you downloaded the OS. 

Step 5: When asked where you would like to boot from, choose the non UEFI usb option.

Step 6: Once setup is complete, reformat the usb used for the new OS as FAT32.

Step 7: Locate your BIOS drivers found on the HP drivers page. 

Step 8: Using the installer, write BIOS recovery software onto flash drive. Instructions found here 

Step 9: Using these instructions, install BIOS recovery software.   

I am not sure how necessary all of these steps are, but it is exactly what I needed to do to resolve my issue. Thanks Paul for pointing me in the right direction. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to fix the most vexing problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.