Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Stream

So I am trying to reset my hp to sell to a friend. I attempted resetting the laptop to factory settings the normal way by logging in and so on. It got to 50% then stopped saying it couldn’t reset. I then tried to turn it on to log back in and it just kept turning on for a few second then off again. I then tried every way to reset it through the F11 key and it will not reset. I ran every test you can through F2, even the extensive tests. All tests came back saying everything passed. So I again tried to reset and restore it. Nothing. I then tried to restore using a flash drive. Again nothing. I don’t know what else to do. I really need this fixed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook came with W10, the only suggestion I can offer if the factory reset isn't working, would be to clean install W10 using the Media creation tool at the link below.

You can make a bootable W10 USB installer. You will need an 8 GB USB flash drive for this.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the part of the installation routine that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space. Then click Next and install W10.

That way you will have the maximum amount of drive space which is essential on those tiny 32 GB drives.

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.