Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Message on my notebook when I turn it on......preparing auto repair.....but nothing happens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks for your help it has failed the test and a new hard drive is required i shall get this done under the warranty

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @3Donny

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.

The message that you see appears because your Windows cannot start. Windows is attemting automatic repair to fix common issues that might prevent it from starting.

- Please, provide your full HP computer model and PN as described here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

- Please, let me know the operating system that you use.

- Did you perform some recent hardware change, something new installed/updated (or software) ?

- Can you perform HP BIOS hardware diagnostics (quick check, or HDD/RAM tests) >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259  ?  Please, let me know the results.

Looking forward to your update/clarifications.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi 3donny,

There are couple of steps that you may try. 

1) If you can remove the battery, then please turn the computer off, remove the battery and unplug the charger .. press the power button for 15 seconds .. let go and then reseat the battery and charger .. turn the computer on. 

if battery cannot be removed .. then unplug the charger and press and hold the power button and volume down button for 15 seconds, let go the button and restart the computer. 

2) if the error code still appears.. then turn the computer off.  As you press the power button keep tapping on F2 .. this will show the hardware diagnostics screen .. choose hard disk and quick test .. please let me know if you get any error .

The error in hdd test , means we will have to change the hard disk drive of your computer.. 

If the hdd test is passed.. then we can reinstall the Operating system .. For this. Turn the computer off. As you press the power button, keep tapping on F11 .. this will show the screen with different options.. -Choose troubleshoot -> recovery manager -> System recovery.

Your reply is eagery awaited 🙂

Regards,

Ashok ... HP..always working
HP Recommended
Thanks for your help it has failed the test and a new hard drive is required i shall get this done under the warranty
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.