Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I was starting up my computer again and it ran perfectly normal and I joined a game and everything was fine. The game was royale high and I was trying to paste a like number code from a Pinterest image over to the game. I tried it didn’t work so I assumed I had to upload it to roblox then the game. Before I could do that my game started to glitch black and green boxes and then it’s shut off onto a black screen with red squiggles 〰️(like this) and then the startup wasn’t its normal startup it was like all small black and white boxes. It’s not restarting or anything at most it just goes black and stays black🌝 what do I do???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PhlegmaticGhost,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP PC is experiencing a serious issue, potentially related to hardware or software malfunction. Here are some steps you can follow to diagnose and potentially fix the issue.

1. Perform a Hard Reset

• Disconnect Power: Unplug your computer from the power source.
  • Remove Battery: If you have a laptop with a removable battery, take it out.
  • Press Power Button: Hold the power button for about 15-30 seconds to discharge any residual power.
  • Reconnect Power: Plug the computer back into the power source and reinsert the battery if applicable.
  • Turn On: Try turning the computer on again.

2. Check for Overheating

• Ventilation: Ensure that your computer has proper ventilation and is not overheating. Overheating can cause graphical glitches and shutdowns.
  • Dust Cleaning: Use compressed air to clean the vents and fans to prevent overheating.

3. Boot into Safe Mode

• Access Safe Mode: Restart your computer and press the F8 key (or Shift + F8) repeatedly before the Windows logo appears to access the advanced boot options menu.
  • Choose Safe Mode: Select “Safe Mode” or “Safe Mode with Networking” to start your computer with a minimal set of drivers.

4. Update or Reinstall Graphics Drivers

• Device Manager: In Safe Mode, right-click the Start button and select "Device Manager."
  • Display Adapters: Expand the “Display adapters” section, right-click your graphics card, and select “Update driver.”
  • Reinstall Driver: If updating doesn’t work, uninstall the graphics driver and restart your computer. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver automatically.

5. Check for Hardware Issues

• Run Diagnostics: HP computers usually come with built-in diagnostic tools. Turn on your computer and immediately press the F2 key to enter the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.
  • Run Tests: Run the extensive tests to check for any hardware issues.

6. System Restore

• Access System Restore: If you can get into Safe Mode, search for "System Restore" in the Start menu and follow the prompts to restore your computer to a previous state where it was working fine.

7. Check for BIOS/UEFI Issues

• Enter BIOS/UEFI: Restart your computer and press the F10 key (or Esc key followed by F10) to enter the BIOS/UEFI settings.
  • Default Settings: Restore default settings and save changes, then restart your computer.

8. External Monitor

• Test with External Monitor: If you have an external monitor available, connect your computer to it to see if the display issues persist. This can help determine if the problem is with the screen or the internal graphics hardware.

If the issue persists after trying all these steps, there might be a deeper hardware problem, such as a failing graphics card or motherboard

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.