Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 convertible Model:14t-4200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP spectre x360 convertible laptop (Model:14t-4200, Product:W2Q32AV) that I have it for about 4 and half years,  keeps rebooting by showing blue screen of death. About 6 month ago, I changed the battery as it was swollen and the rebooting issue was resolved. But the issue is back and is more severe than before as sometimes it keep rebooting over and over. Sometimes, after rebooting, the windows does not load and I see this error message: please install an operating system on your hard drive. I should restart the laptop by ctrl + Alt + Delete multiple times to make the windows to load. To fix the problem, I reset the windows but it also got updated. My OS is windows 10 home. I also upgraded the OS to Windows 10 education but rebooting issue was not solved. I also ran hp hardware diagnostic check and no issue was found and all hardwares were fine. My audio jack is out of order and to make sure it is not causing the problem I disconnected from board and the rebooting issue was not solved. I also tried to know what causes the problem by disabling automatic restarting and I got two different stop codes each time:

1-  Critical_Process_Died

2- Whea_Uncorrectable_Error

Can anybody please guide me how to fix this rebooting issue? I really appreciate it in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Pouria25,Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As I understand you need a fix for the kernel power error on the event log,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Do you get any blue screen errors before the device shuts down?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

This scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. To help isolate the problem, check the following items:

1. Overclocking: Disable overclocking to see whether the issue occurs when the system is run at the correct speed.
  2. Check the memory: Verify the memory by using a memory checker. Verify th
  3. at each memory chip is the same speed and that it is configured correctly in the system.
  4. Power supply: Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.
  5. Overheating: Check whether the system is overheating by examining the internal temperature of the hardware.
  6. Defaults: Reset the system back to the system defaults to see whether the issues occur when the system is running in its default configuration. 

If you see that the computer generates a Stop error that contains a BugcheckCode value that is not reported in an event ID 41, change the restart behavior for the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

If you've been using the Recovery Partition (F11) to reinstall the OS, I recommend using the Recovery media instead to wipe out the HDD and create a new partition and fresh OS installation: Click here to obtain one, if you don't have on in your possession.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

The Critical Process Died error is a blue screen of death (BSOD) error, that occurs due to corrupt system files, specific Windows updates, faulty program/application or driver, etc. Due to this BSOD error, the Windows may crash, and may lead to a total data loss situation. However, this issue can be fixed, to fix the issue you can try the below methods:

1. Update system drivers
  2. Perform a clean boot
  3. Run SFC command
  4. Run DISM to repair corrupted system image
  5. Uninstall windows update
  6. Uninstall 3rd party software
  7. Uninstall drivers
  8. Run system restore
  9. Reset PC
  10. Reinstall Windows

Further, you can also check the below blog for detailed methods to fix the issue:

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/fix-critical-process-died-bsod-error/

Hope it helps!

HP Recommended

Hi@ AndyStuart87

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen and Andy,

Thank you so much for your recommendations and suggestions. I really appreciate your explanations. Sorry for the late response.

Actually, I was disappointed that this issue would be fixed simply and I was thinking to take the laptop to an HP support center for evaluation. Before doing this, I just decided to open the laptop and reseat the SSD hard drive as the error message was referring to hard drive. Fortunately, this resolved the problem and I have never seen any BSOD or unexpected rebooting since then.

Thanks,

Pouria

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.