Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook x2 - 10-p010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I finally realized I have to just use my cell phone in order to try and contact support through HP I called my internet service provider and they said that I have the fastest possible internet you could purchase and everything else in my house works fine with our internet and she said that she checked the status of my laptop and it was receiving a really high amount of internet basically and had very high internet speed capability but I can't even open up an internet browser and after waiting and after waiting 5-10 minutes if the page does load if I click on anything it never loads again or it takes me to a not able to load page yada. I don't understand when I first got this laptop or notebook I was using hotspot off of my unlimited data straight talk cell phone before they figured out people were doing that and stopped allowing unlimited hotspots so I was forced to contact spectrum and you know get Wi-Fi for my house so we got the best internet you could buy and I haven't been able to use my laptop in order to do anything since for some reason it keeps telling me I need to update to the latest version of Windows 10 and every time I try it says low disk space and takes me through all the troubleshoot ways I can remove some disk space so that I can update Windows 10 so I thought that might be the problem so I went and bought a little removable flash drive with tons of I think it's 20 gigabytes of data and I'm even got a really huge SD card as well and put both of them in to the notebook computer and did all the steps it told me in order to save stuff on them in the future deleted all the temporary and unneeded files I even removed all my pictures and everything and just deleted pretty much everything so that I'd be able to do this update thinking that this is what was causing all my problems but it still says not enough room on driver do I have to buy a external driver instead of an external SD card and external you know a hard drive I thought that was pretty much the same thing but now I'm starting to think obviously I have to buy a new driver or I'm not going to be able to fix this or be able to update the new version of Windows 10 but what I don't understand is it says that I need Windows 10 something 19 and right now I have Windows 10 version 18 even if I choose don't update until I can you know afford it to go by an external hard drive why can't I access the internet someone please help me I can't get anyone to talk to me from HP because my warranty just expired unless I pay for some sort of $15 a month warranty / be able to talk to a human for technical support deal and I don't want to put more money into this if I'm just going to have to buy another computer please help I'm pretty tech savvy if what it boils down to is I just needed an external hard drive I'm going to feel like an idiot

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Imberx17 

Your model PC has a 32GB  memory stick configured to work like a disk drive -- so that does not have nearly enough room to do any Windows Updates and removing stuff will not create enough room.

You need to read this thread:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I used a a 64 GB external flash drive and was finally able to update to the latest version of Windows available for my PC thank God I don't know why all of a sudden it just worked but last night it decided to thanks for all the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.