Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs013dx

Hello Everyone! 

I am having a technical problem, my laptop can't download the Windows 11 because my laptop's  Processor is outdated, mine is  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz, so if anyone can help me by letting me know what i need to do because i would like to update. I appreciate it! 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to upgrade the processor to one supported by Microsoft for W11, you would have to replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that comes with an Intel 8th gen core processor.

HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

It would probably cost as much to do that as to buy a new notebook that comes with W11.

If you want to upgrade your notebook to W11 as it is, you can use one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods to do that.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do an in-place upgrade on any PC currently running W10:

To upgrade to W11, read and follow the instructions at the link below.

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

Before you try upgrading to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.