Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp. Zbook 15 g2 it automatically turned off after 15-20 mints and i have to restart it 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi.

I have Zbook 15 G5, it has a problem with shutting down itself by overheat.

You can check your temperatures by freeware tool Speccy, for example:

Speccy.jpg

If it in red zone(text is red), you have overheating.

It may be for some reasons:

1.  you need clean your fan and replace thermal grease. You can do it itself or go to IT-technician.
  2. You have same problem with about 100% CPU load, in my case it because in HP works "great" programmers, they CANNOT fix it in new BIOS releases, with m.2 SSD it load CPU...  You must go to Control Panel - Power Options and in Advanced set your CPU maximum to 99%. It works for me. Not good solution, but work.

Also it may be affected by a virus, check your PC by free utility like CureIt! for example.

Virus may be deleted, but made task in your Task Scheduler to shutdown your PC(press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type taskschd.msc and press Enter) and look task options(different tabs), task you need will looks like "shutdown -s -t 900"  or same with another digits after -t key.

Post your results.

Regards,

IT-Velho

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.