Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After over a year of evaluation, I have decided that this is my first and last HP product. There has been several problems with this PC and I have ran into one that broke the camels back. There is an alarm that sounds every hour at exactly 3 minutes and 18 seconds after the hour (ex. 1:03:18) and after searching for days, there is no resolve even after shutting down all notifications and testing 257 .wav files to find the alarm. I also ran Process Monitor and it did not show anything when the sound occurred, so the problem is programed into the system hardware and impossible to resolve.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you make a recording of the sound and post it here.

There will be no alarm programmed in the Hardware.

If you leave the PC on the BIOS screen before Windows loads do you recive the alarm?

Have you tried starting windows in safe mode, do you still get the alarm?

You coulc try booting from a Linux live USB and see if it happens.

You could reinstall the OS on the machine and see if it continues happening.

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

I first did a repair install of Windows and that did not work. I did a complete reset (reinstall and removing all my programs) of Windows 10 and the alarm is still present. So what is left?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.