Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my Spectre x360 for about three years and it's always gone to sleep on its own after 10 minutes on battery (or the time set in any of the power plans).

After the latest windows update it never sleeps unless I make it sleep via the physical power button or click Start>Power with the mouse.

I've tried resetting the plans to default, created new ones, toggled features off and on, and nothing makes a difference. Eventually, the battery goes low enough to make it hibernate, but now I'm out of power and have to plug in again to work.

I've removed all peripherals, turned off usb, but nothing changed. I also did a full reset (holding power button for 20 seconds and reseting the bios). No change.

Suggestions?

spectre x360 Convertible 13

Windows 10 18362. 476

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Despite trying to fix this for over a week, I *think* I fixed it mere minutes after posting this.

I went into one of the power plans and enabled hybrid sleep again. I'd tried this before, and it didn't seem to help, but I've tried so many things over the last week, that maybe it was a combination of things. A perfect storm? 😉

I enabled hybrid sleep, set sleep to 2 minutes and waited. It slept.

I disabled hybrid sleep and waited again. It slept.

I changed power plans (all mine have had hybrid sleep disabled for years) and all allow sleep now.

I hope this helps somebody. Never give up. Never surrender.

...and I still want the brightness slider back in power plans. I used that thing to have brightness settings for both on and off AC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.