Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-dw3048ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Windows 10 is not detecting my NVME during setup. im trying to find the driver for the below:

SAMSUNG mzvlq256HAJD nvme

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update.

inside the bios insyde F41 i found that the intel RST is VMD and i took the the exact name and google it for driver then extract it in the Bootable USB with windows 10 and before the setup started i loaded this driver and it worked!

but when windows was done, all the drivers were missing so i had to download everything too

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

This could be the problem and solution

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06983517

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hello,

thx for your reply. i did what you said and i got all the RST driver available for this laptop model but still the same. i can not see the NVME. in the bios, i can see that its a SAMSUNG M2 256 NVME. so the laptop is recognizing it, but when trying to install windows 10 latest version H2 it cannot detect it

HP Recommended

Well, there can be 2 scenarios:

1. Your Drive is attached, but undetected or unreadable.

There might be chances that your drive is having an unsupported file system or it may have bad sectors.

In this scenario,

• Right click on “This PC”, select Manage.
  • Then, in the dialogue box that opens, Select Disk Management from the left side panel (last option).

There, look below the white portion, you will find a representation of the Disks connected. If it is shown in there.

• Right Click on your SSD, Format the drive and assign a drive letter to it.

Then wait a few seconds and it will be shown in the Drives panel.

2. Your drive may not attached properly.

Check your connections in this case. When shown in Disk Management, follow the above procedure.

Try the above methods & check if it works!

HP Recommended

Hello,

this is a new laptop from HP (30 pcs we got recently) with linux OS. i need to reinstall Windows instead. this nvme is working fine with linux.

i have 30 laptop with the same issue. but when i boot with the usb and start the setup, here is no disk to install windows.

HP Recommended

Same issue here! With two hp laptops recently bought, tried every drivers that could find but none worked...

HP Recommended

Update.

inside the bios insyde F41 i found that the intel RST is VMD and i took the the exact name and google it for driver then extract it in the Bootable USB with windows 10 and before the setup started i loaded this driver and it worked!

but when windows was done, all the drivers were missing so i had to download everything too

HP Recommended

NVMe + optane or just NVMe. Ask Question Asked today. Active today. Viewed 15 times 0. I have a mildly complex situation. I bought a laptop and it came with a 16GB stick of intel optane memory, which I replaced with a 500GB NVMe drive. I recently got a desktop with two m.2 slots and I put my 500GB MVMe along with a 2TB hard drive and a 500GB SATA ssd. Would it be useful to add my optane.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.