Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G72-B02SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP G72 Notebook PC/Laptop Computer and need to do a clean install of Windows 10 onto an SSD that I have just purchased.

I have a Windows 10 installation disc but obviosuly need the drivers as well.

According to the HP website, when using the PC (with its old hard drive) it informs me that there are no drivers available, and looking on the HP website (via another laptop) gets stuck in an infinite loading loop, even with a Windows 7 system (i.e. the original OS for the machine). So it looks like there are no drivers on the HP website?

If so, how do I successfully do a clean install with no drivers available?

Firthermore, I have noticed that the Recovery partition on the old hard drive is completely empty - and I'm not really bothered about the "HP Tools" partition as I have no intention on upgrading the BIOS (there's probably no upgrades availbale anyways).

I want to do a clean install onto the SSD because I have no idea what condition the OS is in currently, and I think there might still be missing drivers.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W10, and I believe that HP has retired support for the G72 model series since it is more than 10 years old.

W10 should install all of the drivers for your notebook anyway.

If you need drivers, you can try the W7 drivers for this model which has the same Intel chipset as yours does, from this reputable 3rd party website 

Download HP G72-b62US drivers for Windows 7, BIOS (helpjet.net)

I would not use the BIOS files since they were not written to be run on W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.