Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion G6-2202TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
My Pavilion G6 suddenly kept giving me BSODs every time I would boot into windows 10 with the errors "Memory Management", "IRQL not less or equal", "System service exception". So I thought resetting windows would fix it and when I reset my laptop by selecting the option to keep my personal files, everything including the recovery partition got deleted but windows got reinstalled and I still get the BSODs. I tried searching online for the recovery media and the hp cloud recovery tool only to find out no results. So can anyone please help me with what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Most likely so.

In this case, too bad there wasn't a bad memory chip.

It would have been a lot easier/cheaper to fix.

Might be time for a new notebook, unless you can find a guaranteed working motherboard cheap enough.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Koushik11 

Are you still getting the Memory Management errors? IF so, this is hardware related and forcing a system reset does NOTHING to fix that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The error only comes after installing the graphics card drivers in windows. I tried installing ubuntu which has no errors while running but some of the apps that I need doesn't run on ubuntu so I need windows on it.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Koushik11 

No one in India sells Windows 8 recovery media for your notebook that I know of.

If you want to reinstall W10 for free, you can make a bootable USB installer with the media creation tool at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

If you want to install W8.1 for free, you can do this...

Install W8.1 by creating the Microsoft installation media, using another Windows PC, if yours is not working...You want the plain W8.1 64 bit ISO file.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

At the beginning of the installation routine, you can delete every partition on there.

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, use this generic key.

This is the generic key for W8.1 'standard.'

334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT

If you had to enter the generic key, manually change the generic product key to the W8 'standard' key in your PC's BIOS in the PC settings menu.

After you get W8.1 installed, and you had to manually enter the generic product key, you will need to run the free utility I zipped up and attached below, that will show you show the W8 product key in your PC's BIOS.

I have also zipped up and attached below, the Microsoft tool which hopefully will transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so it is bootable.

Then you can install the available drivers and software from the  PC's support page.

HP Pavilion g6-2202tx Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

If the Showkey plus report indicates that your notebook came with W8 Single language, go back, download the W8.1 64 bit Single Language ISO file and use that one instead.

Use this generic W8.1 Single Language key to initially install W8.1 SL.

Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC

I agree with WAWood's opinion that you have a bad memory chip in your notebook that needs to be replaced.

In any event it will cost you nothing but a little time to go through the either Windows installation processes that I have given you.

If you continue to get the memory management error blue screen, I recommend you replace the memory chip.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information. I have tried installing Windows 7 ultimate, Windows 8 and 8.1 Single Language (My PC came with Windows 8 single language), and Windows 10 Home and Pro. Everything runs fine until I install the graphics card drivers. All the problems start after that. But I have no idea why Ubuntu works perfectly fine with no errors. Also, Would HP recover my PC to the state it was when I bought it if I gave it for service?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know if/how HP would reset your notebook to the factory image.

What I do know is that since your notebook has long been out of warranty, you will be charged a fortune to have HP do any work on it.

Your notebook has the Intel/AMD switchable graphics adapters, and that setup is not supported in W10 since there are no drivers for that custom configuration.

You only install the AMD graphics driver from your notebook's support page, which installs both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers, so never try to install the standalone Intel graphics driver, or allow Windows update to update any of the graphics drivers.

Is it possible that Ubuntu is only using the Intel graphics to work the display?

No doubt the issue is with the AMD graphics adapter, and over time it can get damaged by the excessive heat it generates, making the drivers not work properly.

Anyway, since you have tried all of the operating systems...the W8 AMD graphics driver should have worked on W8 SL.

W10 has a memory diagnostic tool.   I recommend you run the tool.  It will ask you to restart the PC and it will begin to check the memory.

If there is a faulty memory chip, within a few seconds of the test, it will tell you that there is a hardware issue and to contact the PC manufacturer.

If you get that error, you can bet that one of the chips is bad and needs to be replaced.

If you have two memory chips, you will need to test each one that way, because the test will not tell you which memory chip is bad.

HP Recommended

Okay thank you very much. I'll try the memory diagnostic tool and update here

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Open the search icon on the bottom left of the taskbar and type memory, and the app should show up.

HP Recommended

The memory test had no errors. So I guess my GPU is dead.

HP Recommended

Most likely so.

In this case, too bad there wasn't a bad memory chip.

It would have been a lot easier/cheaper to fix.

Might be time for a new notebook, unless you can find a guaranteed working motherboard cheap enough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.