Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, Andi

My BAD!!!  Try using F10 when you see the HP Logo screen.  

Erik

HP Recommended

Still did not work.

HP Recommended

Hello Again, Andi

Hmmm, I don't get it.

We both have the same kind of laptops so it should work.

I suggest you go to the post that  redlofredlof

redlofredlof

HP Recommended

I have the same issue as Erik same laptop and I need to access my Bios for the same reason Kaspersky 2016 using Windows 10. However, the solution that worked for him did not work for me. Is there anything else I can do?

HP Recommended

Good Morning, Andi

Ok, I just did a reboot of my system and went thru the steps and it worked fine.  One more thing to try is to tap ESC or F10 when the HP logo page appears.  Yes, it will work with both; I just ried it.

Erik

HP Recommended

Do you have your windows 10 set to automaticaly log you in without putting in a password? Could this be interferring with anything?

HP Recommended

Hi, Andi,

No, I manually log in to my laptop and I am also on LOCAL login.  In other words, I am not logging in thru Microsoft.  In fact, I have disabled a LOT if not all the stuff in settings that may affect my privacy.  Its a lot of stuff to disable.

I would suggest setting up your laptop for LOCAL login...I don't know if that will help.

What OS were you using before you upgraded to Windows 10 and how long ago did you upgrade.

I have another piece of advise at this point.  Do a complete backup of your hard drive and also set a Restore Point.  In fact, do that before you do anything else.  Better safe then sorry!!!

Erik

HP Recommended

I was using windows 7 and I upgraded almost immediately after it was offered for free

HP Recommended

Well, that means you can't go back now.

Ok, just go ahead with what I said in my last message.  PLEASE, be careful.  Do a backup of your Hard Drive and set a Restore Point.

At this point, I think thats the best thing to do.  Hey, Don't worry!!  We'll figure it out!!

Erik

HP Recommended

I finally accessed my bios and enabled the virtualization and my safe money is working properly. Before I was shutting down and I wasn't getting the message to press escape to access the menu.

I finaly just did a restart saw the message in the lower left of my screen hit esc then f10 accessed y bios and everything worked out.

I have no idea why I could not do it before... baffles me.

Now it is done and I am very grateful for all of your help. 

What settings did you change in window 10 that I might want to consider?

Thank you sooooooooooooo much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.