08-20-2019 04:26 PM
Hi! Just received my new Spectre and am trying to setup windows. I get a blue screen on the Services pane right after I skip setting up the Android phone (I don't have an android so I can't set it up). I have tried shutting down and restarting but each time I get stuck on the same blue screen
08-23-2019 04:02 AM - edited 08-23-2019 04:04 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
What is the exact model for your computer?
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
NOTE: If your laptop has a sealed battery follow the steps in the below article.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
- With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
The computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.
If your computer does not start after pressing the Power button, then a power reset did not resolve the startup issue. See Additional resources for further troubleshooting steps.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
- After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee