Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17z-ca300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased this and received Christmas Eve. Was on it checking it out that evening. Then Christmas evening opened it and says No Boot Device Found. Then under that says  Please install operating system on your hard disk.  I am now suppose to get some disc to download windows again. But in my mind this should not be happening to a brand new computer! Should I just insist they take it back?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@vlhan57 

You're not only right -- you're EXACTLY right! Regardless of the underlying problem, this should NOT be happening to a brand new PC. I would take it back and complain bitterly.  You didn't even get two days usage out of it!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ordered direct from HP , so will need to send back. Afraid they will download the Windows and send me the same computer back! 

HP Recommended

@vlhan57 

Lots of folks are reporting issues with the latest Windows Update that came out last week, so this is not necessarily and HP-specific issue -- as I have that update installed on 10 PCs and none of them are having issues. But nonetheless, you pay money for a WORKING PC, not for one that has issues practically right out of the box.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.