Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks very much! I really appreciate your patience and detailed instructions.

Tried various ways to reach "Service", including all the ways you suggested, it keeps giving me the message that the service is not accessible at this time. 

I have noticed that the bottom of my screen shows:  country: India,  which probably means it redirects me to the customer service in India.  Can this explain why the service is not accessible?  Tried to change the country, but it does not allow such an option.  Is this online service available only at certain hours?  If positive, why not 24/7 ?

HP Recommended

Wow!!!

How could I miss it? 

Used Chrome instead of Explorer, and every thing runs OK.

Stay tuned.  Will inform ASAP.

Had a feeling the Explorer in my old hard drive was not fully upgraded and kept giving me error messages everywhere. 

I have just installed Chrome on this Win 7 old drive, and was able, for the first time to open screens in "Support".

A great lesson to learn about a repeating error message, especially, non reasonable one...

HP Recommended

Solved!!!

A. Using Chrome instead of Win Explorer proved to be a much better and safer way to access HP Support.

B. Using Chrome I was able to rich the point where my system was recognized and analized for missing and / or outdated drivers.

C. Flushed the Bios with a newer version.  Updated all Chipset Drivers, and the Storage Driver.

D.  Removed the old Win 7 hard disk and installed the Win 10, 1 TB  hard disk.  

E. This time, the system recognized the disk.  It did not boot automatically but instead told me that the format of the partition  (GPT) is not compatible with HP Standard.

F.  Backed up all my data and used Acronis Disk Director to Change the partition to a non GPT format.  Restored all my data after re-partitioning.

Now, my HP Pavilion dv6-2130ej system runs Windows 10 freely and smoothly!!!

Thank you very much -  The Fossette and  CherylG -  for your invaluable instructions that guided me thru this advanture and led to the "Happy End"!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.