Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t Touch Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I originally purchased my laptop, the settings/system/storage page displayed the space used for the C Drive and the Recovery (D) Drive.  I just picked up the computer after warranty service (Windows 10 re-install) and there is no longer any reference to the Recovery Drive.  I assume this means the partition for the recovery was not installed.  When I dropped it off for service, I was told it would be returned like new.

With this omission, have I lost any capability?  Does it matter?

Thank you-

DQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @digitalquest,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums again. 🙂 Good day!:) How are you doing? 🙂 I understand that you want assistance with the recovery partition being deleted. I am delighted to assist you with that. 🙂

Stupendous effort on diagnosing the issue correctly. Splendid observation to check that the recovery partition is deleted. 🙂 It is always a privilege to work with customers that have superlative technical skills. 🙂 Great job! 🙂 Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.:)

It is very important to have the recovery partition installed on your computer. When  the windows operating system  crashes, you could restore the computer to original factory settings. You have 2 options at your disposal. If you’ve created recovery media the partition is not important.

Option 2: Please contact HP phone support for a set of new recovery media by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and enter the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions to reach phone support.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.:)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @digitalquest,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums again. 🙂 Good day!:) How are you doing? 🙂 I understand that you want assistance with the recovery partition being deleted. I am delighted to assist you with that. 🙂

Stupendous effort on diagnosing the issue correctly. Splendid observation to check that the recovery partition is deleted. 🙂 It is always a privilege to work with customers that have superlative technical skills. 🙂 Great job! 🙂 Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.:)

It is very important to have the recovery partition installed on your computer. When  the windows operating system  crashes, you could restore the computer to original factory settings. You have 2 options at your disposal. If you’ve created recovery media the partition is not important.

Option 2: Please contact HP phone support for a set of new recovery media by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and enter the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions to reach phone support.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.:)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

David--

Thank you so much for your response and your kind words.  It was HP Warranty Service and I thought that they should have returned the computer to a "like new" status.  It is now 12 months and 1 day since purchase.

Thanks again for your kind words.

DQ

HP Recommended

Hi @digitalquest,

It was fabulous working with you. I thank you for your quick response and accepting this as a  solution. i genuinely hope that the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Please take care and have a pleasant weekend. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.