Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP mini 110-3500
Linux

Hello !

I can not fix my VGA problem since few weeks and your community may resolve it !

I'm new to Linux and i did install the 16.04 LTS version in my HP mini 110-3500.

No more HP program and any other system inside.

Before Linux 16.04 LTS, a BENQ F93GX external VGA screen was connected to my HP mini, but from now "no signal received" message appeared on it when i switch it "on".

I did install few utilities and drivers from this and there, made some manipulations, but well i still in the dark.

Below what pop-up with commands :

1 - lspci -k | grep -iA2 VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
    Kernel modules: i915

2 - xrandr without VGA connected :

xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1024 x 600, current 1024 x 600, maximum 1024 x 600
default connected 1024x600+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1024x600      75.00*

3 - xrandr with VGA connected and switched "on"

xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1024 x 600, current 1024 x 600, maximum 1024 x 600
default connected 1024x600+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1024x600      75.00*

I did received some help from others communities but the problem still there, can you please give it a try ?

Wishing you a nice day.

Thanks

Domng

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Domng,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link  as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you have installed Linux and your VGA port is not working.  HP does not support Linux but does support the hardware.

Here is a link that may help:

HP Notebook PCs - Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs)

Good Luck!

If this post helped you resolve your difficulty, please choose "Accepted Solution" to aid other members and visitors locate this information.  To say thanks for the help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Domng,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link  as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you have installed Linux and your VGA port is not working.  HP does not support Linux but does support the hardware.

Here is a link that may help:

HP Notebook PCs - Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs)

Good Luck!

If this post helped you resolve your difficulty, please choose "Accepted Solution" to aid other members and visitors locate this information.  To say thanks for the help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1,

Thank you for the kind words and tips.

Have a nice journey.

Best regards,

Domng

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.