Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Best thing you can do is try tto take it back, biggest waste of money thanks hp for the $360 turd in a blue case. Im so pissed off I feel I have been ripped off so bad. Im never buying an hp computer again!

HP Recommended

@Ryu08 wrote:

Best thing you can do is try tto take it back, biggest waste of money thanks hp for the $360 turd in a blue case. Im so pissed off I feel I have been ripped off so bad. Im never buying an hp computer again!

Hate to break this news to you but some Dell customers and some Lenovo customers feel the same about the laptops they bought. LOL.  The grass isn't greener.  

HP Recommended

H I i tried your fix but my memory seems to have got to the point where simple tasks such as opening a command prompt while reading your instructions is too much for it 

so is there a way to rid myself of windows 10 which HP should never have installed in a laptop not powerful enough to run it

do you as a hp member of staff feel your laptops are powerful enough to run lets say windows 96 or should i just resort to ms dos

or maybe i have got a little confused and this is infact a hp branded paperweight?

HP Recommended

@idiotbuyer1 wrote:

H I i tried your fix but my memory seems to have got to the point where simple tasks such as opening a command prompt while reading your instructions is too much for it 

so is there a way to rid myself of windows 10 which HP should never have installed in a laptop not powerful enough to run it

do you as a hp member of staff feel your laptops are powerful enough to run lets say windows 96 or should i just resort to ms dos

or maybe i have got a little confused and this is infact a hp branded paperweight?

Opening a command prompt?

Have no clue what you are referring to.

I never had to open a command prompt, and it is absolutely not necessary.

If you have problems with retaining what you read, you are more than welcome to print out the instructions.

HP Recommended

Hello Idiotbuyer1 - Your post has come through to my email and I'm not sure why. The fix you need is not mine but that of CherylG. Look for a link to her. I agree the HP Laptops and other 32Gb restricted HDD with just 2Gb of fast memory is asking a lot of WIN10. However, it can be done and CherylG has the answers. You will need a clean memory stick of at least 8Gb on which to make a WIN10 ISO image. This is downloaded, and you might need a second working machine to do this. I seem to recall that you will also need another piece of software called  MS MEDIA CREATION TOOL . 

Please try this link to CherylG's full procedure.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Not-enough-disk-space-to-even-u...

The following is from my own notes taken last April/May time when I was struggling so much.

Chase out CherylG's Forum original to get all the links to photos etc.

REINSTALL WIN10 CherylG UPDATED PROCEDURE 32MAY2018

Best option is wipe the eMMC and start fresh. Your Windows 10 license key is embedded in BIOS and you can reinstall Windows 10 with the latest update included. You must use another fully functioning machine with free space to make this installer.

Microsoft provides the free Media Creation Tool to download files and create a Windows 10 usb flash drive. At least 8gb flash drive required:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Select "Download tool now", and Save it to run later or just select Run if you are ready to proceed.
If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next. Be sure to untick "Use recommended settings" since you are on another machine.
Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit/32-bit) for Windows 10.

If you need photos- Option 1> HERE <gives all the steps.
-------------------------------
When the flash drive is prepared insert it in a usb port. Power on the laptop and immediately start tapping Esc key. From the menu tap F9 key and use the arrow keys to move to and select usb. Tap Enter key.
After starting the Install and you go through a couple of screens - choose Custom (not upgrade) and delete each partition. Continue with installation.It should pickup the key from BIOS but if it asks at any point just choose "I don't have a key". It will continue and should activate once you are online.

This will not include the original software from HP but most of it can be installed from your Support page-if you care to fill up the eMMC again.

HP Recommended

Gotta make sure I put my $.02 in to this conversation..  A netbook comes with a C:| drive with a windows directory "c:\windows\" that contains at least 22GB worth of data necessary to run windows.. Adding Microsoft Office to the Netbook and now the netbook is no longer able to update to the latestest version of Windows because there is no space to store the update.  The suggestion is to use a memory stick to store the original ISO and do a restore of the original OS and then do an update.  Dell/HP and any other manufacturere who produces a netbook just sold me and all of of those who purchased the netbook a windows 10 device that is not updatable.

I did a complete restore of my wife's windows 10 netbook to factory and I can not even do the Windows 10 update because even at a factory restore there is not enough space on the local "C:\" drive to store the windows 10 update. 

I agree with anyone who states that a netbook is a waste of money.. It will never update and the windows update messages will become so annoying it will make the netbook useless. 

Never purchase a netbook because it will become useless as soon as you power it up.. You will never be able to update to Windows 10 updates and you will get tired of Windows Annoying you to update and you will tire of being told you cannot update because you don't have enough space to update.. 

Seems to me my wife was ripped off when she was told that this netbook would be a great computer. when all she can do is keep telling Microsoft to stop trying to update and remain at risk of being hacked because windows 10 can not be updated. 

Hope HP enjoys my 200$ because I will never purchase a computer or a netbook from them ever again..  Hope it was worth the money to loose a customer.. 

Trav...

[edit]

HP Recommended

@RotoRod wrote:

Hi, I bought an HP Stream 14. It has so little disk space I can't even update my Windows 10. It seems ridiculous. Is there some sort of fix. Thx! Not sure if I have windows 10   32 bit.

HP Recommended

@Purpleflirt wrote:

@RotoRod wrote:

Hi, I bought an HP Stream 14. It has so little disk space I can't even update my Windows 10. It seems ridiculous. Is there some sort of fix. Thx! Not sure if I have windows 10   32 bit.

Clean installation of Windows 10.

It will activate because the product key is embedded on the motherboard.

Lots of tutorials on how to do this.

HP Recommended

Yes there is a fix. I did  it and it's been so much better. I kicked up a terrific fuss - got nasty with HP, MS & even Intel. It's so long ago I would hesitate  to be speicific but I can point you. CherylG is the girl for you to find. She had a fix under this heading or one very similar. You are going to need a clean memory stick with sufficient space. I wanna say 10Gb but could be more. You are going to need another PC to download what you need to that stick UNLESS your machine is working good enough (as mine was) to download the stuff you need. You'll be doing a clean install and you may lose your personalised settings in so doing this. You also need one other of two pieces of software (Apps I suppose).  One is the Media Creation Tool by MS OR you can also use a thing called RUFUS Portable.

There is a way to recover your licence code from the BIOS - although strictly speaking you should not need to do this. It's not a bad plan to have an external note of it just in case. 

I remember I had to remove all Apps installed on Drive C: You need enough room to work there but anyway these will need to be re-installed because your operation will mean a complete initialisation. I now put all Apps that will let me on to Drive 😧 which is the extension memory slot. You must have some of that mine is 32Gb but it would have paid me to get a bigger one. I think you can double that to 64Gb. Be careful to get the right access time for this BTW. You may have to ask but it is a little more expensive.

One more thing: When done check the virtual memory allocation and make sure it is at least matching the 2Gb of RAM if not a bit more. This is the swap area and in effect extends the RAM you have which is one reason for  your C:\ drive reporting small. There is also the back-up Restore area and other things MS want to fiddle in.

Now you need Cheryl G for her full explanation of how to proceed. I have a copy of it somewhere if you can't find it. Don't be daunted - you can do this.

Rgds, Berry 

HP Recommended

@Purpleflirt 

Below is the link to the Guide I wrote on the clean install which several have used with good results- including myself on the Stream loaned to me by  HP for testing this to help owners.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Not-enough-disk-space-to-even-u...

Once you get the clean install done you should have room for later Windows Updates. Also follow suggestion by @BerryG  above about installing an SD card in the laptop. Use Windows settings to move/install apps that allow it and direct your Documents, photos,etc to save there and you should be worry free for quite awhile.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.