Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-p121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

3 weeks ago we chose to uninstall Windows Edge.  HUGE MISTAKE!! This uninstall completely wiped out my 2 laptops, and I do mean it crashed, I no longer have drivers; no system imaging; no useful keyboard; no paths to the usb ports,  How do I do a complete factory reset, when I cant get past the blue screen,  Everything has been wiped out.  and the laptop has been this way since that time. This is not my first time asking for help,  we have tried so many different suggestions. However, when you have a limited means of getting into the laptop so many options go out the window. We have been trying to fix this issue going on 4 weeks now.  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN !!!! Thank you, it is very much appreciated !!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BaSleepwalker

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  
The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate you attempting to help. However, As I stated before, all USB ports are cancelled, the typewriter keyboard also useless. we could get to the blue screen, we could run diagnosis if you only had to hit the enter key.  When we uninstalled the newest edition of windows last month it took out our drivers, our BIOS, our keyboard, USB, System Image, the users, the administrator, all of the software... ETC, ETC,

Finally yesterday we took his laptop to someone to work on it.  This gentleman assured us he would be done in less than 2 hours, We picked it up this afternoon, with him telling us he had NEVER seen anything like it. He worked on that laptop for over 12-15 hours.  We brought our laptop home, and it has minimal on it now.  So now we decide weather to continue to put more money in it or go another route.

Thank you, have a nice weekend.

HP Recommended

@BaSleepwalker

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.