Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I have trouble with my laptop. When i restart it i get error 0xc000000e. So i guess that the Bios is searching the windows in HDD (because i saw only that option in OS Boot Manager in bios). So i have to change the path to use the SSD as bootable device. So the problem is every time when i restart my laptop i got that Error blue screen with that error code: 0xc000000e. Hope that someone would help me. 

Sorry for my english... hope that you all understand what i mean. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Miroslav

let me see if I well understood.

in your laptop there was an HDD with Windows installed and working fine.

Then you added a SSD.

how did you installed Windows 10 on SSD ?

because if you installed Windows 10 from scratch on SSD, at boot you should see the possibility to choose if to boot from HDD or SSD , and second installation is the default boot disk.

if you copied only Windows 10 partition from HDD to SDD, it will not work without doing some change.

WIndows 10 needs a hidden System partition to be able to boot.

in hidden partition , called also EFI or System partition, there is a file EFI\Microsoft\boot\BCD.

This file contains the boot manager.

it could be reconfigured using the command bcdedit.

before to provide you more instruction, I need to know how you installed or copied the file to SSD.

don't expect a quick answer. tomorrow is a sunny day in my country so , I'll take a ride with my bycicle.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi Miroslav,

Windows 10 have a feature called Secure Boot. Once a hardware/software change is made the laptop won't let you boot it up. It has nothing to do with security as the name suggests it's just a ploy from Microsoft to keep the OS on the system. Turn the Secure Boot off and set the custom boot option to the correct EFI boot file on the SSD. This will bypass the Secure Boot option and let you boot up from other devices such as USB/CD/DVD, etc. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

1. I bought the laptop with SSD and HDD. 

2. I installed the windows in SSD but something happend with the installation of windows 10  and now i have that error.

3. It was clean installation of windows 10... 

When i go in OS Boot Manager i cant find the SSD... im finding only HDD and i guess that there is where the error come from.

HP Recommended

The security boot is disabled.. 

That's what i have

20200522_094735.jpg

20200522_094752.jpg

20200522_094809.jpg

  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.